10 Reasons to Partner with Startup Week 2018
Techstars Startup Week Detroit, powered by Chase for Business, is back this June 2018! We expect it’s going to be the best year yet. For our third year we’re expecting 10,000 attendees from all over the region coming down to Detroit to experience and participate in our thriving startup community.
Want to get involved? We’re still accepting partners. First, let us share with you how sponsoring or partnering with us works. Here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Partner with Startup Week in Detroit.
- It’s THE BIGGEST Entrepreneurship event of the year in Michigan.What started three years ago, has grown into the largest conference in Detroit for entrepreneurship. In the past two years alone we reached 95.5 million people through media, saw over 9,600 attendees, hosted speakers including Jamie Dimon of Chase, Bill Ford Jr of Ford, Dan Gilbert of Quicken Loans, and many more. This year we expect 10,000 attendees, national keynote speakers, and visitors from around the country to attend.
- Our vision is inclusive and accessible to all.We are a platform that is accessible for all. The entire week of programs, events, and speakers are free so that anyone can participate. We aim to build a platform for others to launch from. We hope to see attendees find their partner or co-founder, launch their company, get visibility, get inspired or find an investor. There’s no profit for us — it’s all re-invested through free programming. Startup Week is one of the only platforms that is truly accessible, free, and all about the community.
- Our execution is Community Driven & Volunteer Led.Even though Startup Week in Detroit is growing fast, we are not straying from our focus on the community. All of our programs are community driven and volunteer led. If you’re a leader in a neighborhood, we empower you to get your community involved.
- We don’t just want your money, we want a partnership.It’s not just about sponsor dollars, we’re open to partners who add value to Detroit’s community. Partnering can take many forms, like our friends at Google teaching small businesses in Detroit neighborhoods how to get online for free during Startup Week. We’re excited for our sponsor Quicken Loans to donate shuttle busses this year bringing in underserved communities to Downtown Detroit for the week. Have an idea on how to help? We’re open to it.
- You don’t have to be a paying sponsor to make an impact.Sponsorship is important to us of course, because that is what makes this all possible. But just as important are the companies and professionals who share their wisdom and experience with entrepreneurs through learning tracks. If you have expertise to share, submit a program application (below)! Deadline April 30.
- Your investment goes directly to Detroit entrepreneurs.We have 100s of volunteers giving their time to see this event’s success, meaning we have low operation costs. All of the sponsorships we raise go to the big event that week.
- Our tracks are diverse and interesting to all. With dozens of learning opportunities for the week, we’re able to engage attendees around a diverse variety of topics including food, tech, makers, art, and so much more. This draws a larger audience and makes sure there is something from everyone. You can also support a track or key events in a track to reach a more targeted audience.
- Bring your vision to us, we will align it to the week.It might seem like there’s so much going on, how can you fit in? Bring to us your vision and we can align it. For example, Blue Cross Blue Shield has shared with us their vision for their brand innovating in the medical space. We want to align them with our med tech track to inspire and engage others around their brand. We will spend time to make sure they are appropriately aligned. Sponsors love us because we take the time to align their vision and care about this.
- In the end it’s all about the people.We are focused on the relationships we build with our sponsors and partners, and with entrepreneurs and hopefuls. From corporate sponsors and investors to tech startups and neighborhood businesses, we bring people together. That’s what makes us feel we’ve served our purpose.
10.Startup Week supports entrepreneurs AND grows the economy. Through Startup Week in Detroit we help businesses gain the investments they need to fuel success, earn increased revenue through improved business practices, and attract more talent to the Detroit area. When we help an entrepreneur succeed, we all benefit. A high tide raises all ships!
Are you ready yet? Get involved now:
Kyle Bazzy and Monica Wheat
Techstars Startup Week Detroit Co-Leads